Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Wonderful Weekend!

This past weekend my hubby and I went to Savannah, Ga for our anniversary. It was so wonderful! Carmel planned the whole getaway and left me in suspense. We left Friday and arrived here.....


The President's Quarters Inn

This was a bed and breakfast located in the heart of Savannah. I have never stayed at a bed and breakfast so this was a real treat. Each room here was named after a president. We stayed in the John F Kennedy room.


This room was incredible.


How do you know when you are staying somewhere really nice?


1. You have a fireplace in your room.


2. Your toilet paper has a gold sticker on it.


3. There are his and her robes hanging in the closet.


4. You need a step stool to get into bed.


5. You have a staircase leading to your private entrance.


6. At night, they turn down your covers and leave you with....... not a mint but a bag of  sweet treats on your pillow.


After we investigated the entire room, we headed to the Savannah Riverwalk to browse and eat.

The next morning we ate breakfast at the inn.... which was delicious! Then we boarded a bus for the Paula Deen tour. I enjoyed the tour but I'm not sure about Carmel. He said "as long as you are having a good time I am too" ....I did see him snoozing a few times though. Our tour guide was telling us a story of Paula's life. Carmel turned to me one time and said," Did I miss her divorce?"  On the tour, we stopped at a candy store to sample a few goodies and shop.


Then we headed to a farmer's market where Paula used to get her fruit and veggies.


Next, we stopped by and saw the school Paula built for troubled boys and the church where her and Michael got married.


They showed us her tiny old home where she first lived when she came to Savannah. I was disappointed they did not take us to her new home. I was hoping have a sit down chat with Paula and taste some her fine cooking. She must not have gotten the message that I was coming. Oh well!

For lunch, we went to her brother's restaurant Uncle Bubba's.

 
It was fun to see people's faces as we walked right in and sat down. Many of them had been waiting a while I'm  sure.

Since Carmel did the tour with me, we went to a place that interests him. You thought he had died and gone to heaven.


Yes......you are looking at a cemetery.

After about 30 minutes of searching, he finally found a little piece of what he was looking for.


It may be hard to see but the name on the tombstone was Weed.

Since Saturday was our anniversary, he had a special night planned for us. We went to have supper at one of the finest restaurants in Savannah.


The Old Pink House

The food was delicious! They have a BLT salad that was featured on the TLC show "The Best Thing I ever Ate". Of course, I had to order it. It definitely had my approval!


After dinner, we went on a private carriage ride.


Now I will stop right here and not give you the juicy details of the rest of the night. Most of you have had anniversaries so you know. Wink...Wink!

Thank you Carmel for an unforgettable anniversary.
I love You!

6 comments:

  1. WOW! That looks like the best trip to Savannah EVER!! Makes me want to go there right now! Glad you had such a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a hoot. It looks and sounds like you all had a fabulous time. Good job Carmel on making such awesome plans. I think you need to share your planning abilities with a great man I know. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds awesome! what a romantic get away :)

    nice to know i'm not the only one who "enjoys" prowling around old cemeteries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous too! What a GREAT trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the comments...you got me thinking about sharing and how much I love you folks...therefore I am willing to share part of this trip with you so you too can partake in the lasting memory that I have of it...you all need to send me $100 each...right now...no questions just GET IT DONE!...then you can experience the comfort of knowing that your money was well spent...LOL!

    ReplyDelete