Monday, July 5, 2010

New York Trip

I will go ahead and warn you that the next several post will be about our trip to New York. We had a blast and took lots and lots of pictures. I couldn't help it. There were just way to many first for the kids and me.

One of my really good friends lives in West Point, NY on the army post there. She has invited us several times to come visit and I finally decided to take her up on her offer. Carmel has been gone a lot with work and her husband is deployed. I decided we needed some girl time! Our kids get along great so we decided to let them join us.

We split up our road trip into 2 days. We traveled to my sisters in North Carolina. We spent the night, loaded her and Emma up the next morning  and hit the road.

After playing, watching several movies, making a few stops for bathroom, gas and to eat, napping and missing a few turns, we finally arrived.....14 hours later.


This is by far the prettiest military base I have ever been to.

The next day we decided to take it easy and just tour the base.


This base overlooks the Hudson River. It was very overcast so my pictures did not turn out very well.


My sister Jennifer and I


There were several unique buildings. This was the library.


Since I am not from the north and do not see  much snow.  I thought this was very interesting.
 It is a place for the military to go skiing.


This is a picture overlooking the base and the Hudson River. I never would have thought that something so beautiful existed in New York.

When my friend Christie was giving us directions to her house, she said, " you will go past the stadium.". I had no idea what she was talking about until I drove up to this....



This is the stadium where the Army football team plays.

We also drove up to Bear Mountain where on a clear day you could see New York City.


This is my friend Christie.





At the top of this tower, there were maps with arrows that let you know what you were looking at. We could barely see New York City.

I think I will stop for now.

1 comment:

  1. A girls' trip sounds like a lot of fun! Can't wait to see more pics.


    From your earlier posts-VBS was fun this year. Allyson loved her crafts. Her "word scramble" picture frame is on our fridge! haha

    ReplyDelete