Monday, July 12, 2010

I miss the beach!

I am a  beach girl. Always have been and  always will be. I love the warm sun, the waves and the relaxation. There is nothing better than sitting in a chair with your feet in the water while  feeling the ocean breeze. It has been a year since we moved from Fl and I miss being so close to the beach. 

This past week we went to Hilton Head, SC with some friends of ours. The weather was perfect( except for when we wanted to take pictures). 


The Wood family has a boy and a girl close to Laney and Ella's age so we let Griffin bring a buddy so he would have someone to hang out with.




My hubby trying the skimz board.


hmmmm.......aren't you suppost to stay on the board?


Ella and Addi......the little mermaids.


Griffin sunbathing.......nice farmers tan.


The kids kept finding starfish and sand dollars in the water. Laney wanted to bring this one home to keep as a pet. Let's just say it did not live long enough to see our home.We had a great science lesson though. I told Laney the starfish needed salt water from the ocean to live. She then tells me, "So if I get water from the sink and put salt in it then it should stay alive."

We had a great time going back and forth from the beach to the pool. A tip: this is a great way to get a majority of the sand off before going home. 


What would summer be without watermelon?


Griffin had a few fireworks left from the fourth that he was dying to set off. I am sure the ones that went to bed early loved us.


The last night we were there we went to eat at The Salty Dog. 


After supper, we drove to Pope Avenue which is the main strip there. Jessica and I slipped into a boutique for a quick peak. When we cam out this is what we found........


all the kids were getting spray on tatoos. I knew we should have kept an eye on the men.


Notice how Laney pick out one that was so fitting for her. She said she wanted to pick out the one that had a little girl with horns and said, "Little devil." I am glad she didn't.

Even the boys had to get one. There's were symbols that meant brotherhood.


We wanted to go takes pictures on the beach that evening but the weather did not cooperate. We decided to take them the next morning. Check back tomorrow to see if they went better than the ones we got last year. And yes,  I will post the one from last year for those of you who may not remember our nice family photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment