Thursday, July 8, 2010

New York City

Besides seeing my friend, going to New York City was definitely the highlight of the week. Since Christie lives in West Point, NY, we opted to ride the train instead of driving. It is definitely fast paced like you see on TV. That fast paced lifestyle is definitely not for me nor my children. I was a nervous wreck with Ella. Those of you who remember the Atlanta Zoo trip when she got lost. This would have been 1000 times worse than that. She likes to venture off .....so if her hand was not in mine.... my eyes were on her all of the time. The only time I felt like I could truely relax was when we were on the double decker sightseeing bus.

Here were some of the highlight from our day....

The train ride
It was almost like we were on the Polar Express. I kept waiting for the conductor to punch a word in our tickets.


The train took us all the way to Grand Central Station.


Time Square





Do you see the ball that drops on New Years Eve?

Our double decker bus
Definitely worth the $.


Empire State Building
If you are ever in NYC, this is a must see.


picture heading towards it.


picture from the ground up


inside and waiting to go up to the observatory deck


Finally, at the top and WOW...... breathtaking


See where all the green is that is Central Park. The only place we did not get to go.


The next picture is from the top looking down. I was holding on tight to my camera for this one.


picture of the Statue of Liberty from the top

Before we move on I have to share a story our tour guide from the bus told us. He said, " Several years ago a lady was depressed and wanted to commit suicide. She decided to do it from the top of the Empire State Building. She climbed over the bars and jumped. About the same time a gust of strong wind blew her into the only window open. She only suffered from a broken hip and is still alive today. I guess God had other plans for her that day.

Well I think I am going to have to break NYC up into 2 posts 
to be continued...........

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures have been amazing, and it looks like you all really enjoyed your trip! That picture of Emma on the train is super...she looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete