Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Carlo's Bake Shop

Since we were in New Jersey, my sister threatened us we decided to go to Carlo's Bake Shop aka The Cake Boss on TLC. Of course, we did not see him but we did taste some of his goodies. We got several different things and decided to share. 

I liked the:
carrot cake cupcake
chocolate cupcake with peanut butter frosting
chocolate chip pastry

Besides his cakes, he is best know for his Cannolis. I have to be honest I really did not think they were all that great. It was very bland tasting. I tried a regular one so maybe I should have gone with chocolate.


When we first got there, you had to get a number and wait in line. Supposedly, it is like that all the time.


Here is a picture of what it looked like inside.


My sister in front of one of his cakes


This is where all the consultations happen. The price for a small cake is $50 so I can't imagine what the price is for a big one.


1 comment:

  1. We love that show! I bet it was busy. TLC knows how to make something popular and well-known! I'd love to see this bakery sometime.

    ReplyDelete