Sunday, July 4, 2010

Travel tips for a long road trip!

Since so many of you are traveling this summer, I thought I would let you in on a tip I used for our long journey to New York. My kids did great on the trip and I think it was due to this........

Hourly Goody Bags
 Not just any goody bags. These were filled with new, never seen items. To a bag I added things like..
multicolored pipe cleaners
mini post it notes
multicolored changeable pens
silly bands (which they spent time trading)
fashion stensil designs
sticker books
crossword puzzles
ring pops
sunflower seeds
travel games
snacks
and more

A great place to hit up would be the dollar tree. I divided the goodies evenly and age appropriate into each bag. I gave it to them at the beginning of the trip. I explained the rules:

1. You can choose 1 item each hour during the trip( I would let them know when it was time to pick).
2. If you choose to soon, you loose your next turn.
3. If you fuss, argue, complain, whine, etc., you loose your next turn.

If your trip is not as long as ours, you could always do every half hour.

Did I mention how well my kids did on the way up there?


My sister and Ella


Griffin my right hand man


My niece Emma was a good little traveler.


Even Chewy enjoyed the trip.


1 comment:

  1. What a great idea!! I will have to try that the next time we have a trip with Isabelle. Looks like you had an awesome time! Love all your pictures. New York is definitely on my list of places to visit!

    ReplyDelete