Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Statue of Liberty

There were a few things that were a must when we went to New York. A visit to the Statue of Liberty was one of them.

We drove to the New Jersey side where we caught a ferry that took us first to Ellis Island.




This is  where the immigrants were processed before coming to America. You can read more about it here http://www.ellisisland.org/genealogy/ellis_island.asp


  The immigrants would have to pass a mental testing before entering. I am so glad they do not do that anymore. I am not quite sure if these 2 would pass........they just laughed through the whole thing.


This is what many of them slept on. Makes me really appreciate my Select Comfort.


From Ellis Island we boarded another ferry that took us to the Statue of Liberty.


My friend Christie and her 4 kids.


A picture of us in front of New York City.


Laney my  little mommy in training.


On the way back to our car they had an ice cream truck waiting for us. I am almost positive the music was saying .....don't pass me by....you know you want some.......wouldn't it taste so good right now.

Emma sure did enjoy hers!

to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment