Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Birmingham

Every year we go to my sisters in Birmingham, Al for the SEC baseball tournament. Actually, the guys go to the tournament and the girls do what we do best.......shop, cook, laugh and play. I am going to break up this trip into 2 posts because I have lots of pictures of my nieces 1st birthday party. 

We left Wednesday when Griffin got out of school, stopped by Montgomery to pick up my mom  and headed to  Birmingham. 
Ashton's  last day of school was Thursday so we celebrated by going to Panera Bread.


After lunch, we went to Barnes and Nobles to pick out a book for summer reading. If you have a Barnes and Nobles near you, they have a summer reading program for the kids. Swing by and pick up one of their book logging forms. When your child reads this summer, record it on there sheet and at the end of the summer they get a free book.

What would a celebration be without ice cream!!!!!

Ashton kept telling us about this cool ice cream place. So we decided to check it out. 


It was called Treat-Your-Self. There were four steps to getting your ice cream. First, you get the size cup you want. Second, you pick out what flavor and fill your cup. Next, came the toppings. Ohhh, so many choices! They had nuts, candy, cereal, fruit, sprinkles, etc. Lastly, you took your ice cream to the counter and paid by weight. By the time, mom and I figured out you paid by  weight, Ashton and Laney already had theirs piled high and on the counter. When I saw their massive pile, I thought I was going to have to take out a loan to pay for it. For 5 people, it came out to be less than if we went to Coldstone. Plus, we had fun making our own creations.


We had a great day of celebrating the end of another school year!

I had plans while we were there to visit the Botanical Gardens but due to the weather, we were not able to go. Oh well, maybe next time.

1 comment:

  1. Laney's expression seems to say,"Mom, do you have to take pictures of EVERYTHING?" She's so funny. I wish they had a place like that here. I'm really thinking we need to find some ice cream somewhere tonight! :D

    ReplyDelete