Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Emma's first birthday

While we were in Birmingham, we celebrated my niece Emma first birthday.  It was very simple but fun!

Here are all the party guest lined up and waiting for the arrival of the birthday girl.


These were Emma's cupcakes. 


This is Emma in her cute froggy outfit.


Emma and her momma


Emma and her daddy


Emma will let you know very quickly when it is time to eat. So the outfit she only wore for about 20 minutes came off very quickly once the plate was on the table.


My sister had her arm in just the right spot that it looked like Emma was naked.


After Emma ate and while we waited on the other food, the kids busted open the pinata. My mom was trying to come up with a few activities for the party. Laney made a list of games to play. She told my mom that you can't have a party without a pinata. I think Laney cares more about what is inside than the actual pinata.


Look at Emma.....age 1 and she already knows how to compete with the big kids.

As I have mentioned before, my favorite part of the 1st birthday......


The first experience of a sugar high.



My sister had us guess the correct order of Emma's pictures. And guess who won..........none other than her favorite Auntie Suzy.

By this time Emma was worn out so her presents had to wait until the next day.


And if I didn't have enough pictures already, here are a few others from that day.


Happy Birthday Sweet Emma!

3 comments:

  1. Such a cutie! We did the same thing with the cupcakes for Camille's first. We actually had a cupcake themed party. Looks like a lot of fun! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I was wondering if she had any clothes on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha....she likes the nude what can I say? :)
    Thanks for posting the pictures.
    You are going to get into that Kindergarten room and it will be like you never left. :) You are also going to be a great teacher and those parents will be lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete