This is going to be a happy post and a very sad post all in one.
You may be wondering so what is official??? Well, after much thinking, praying, crying and eight years of being at home this mom is going back to work. I signed my contract today to teach Kindergarten at Middle Georgia Christian. I have to say this job found me because I had no intentions on going back to work just yet. My plan was to think about going in a few years. I feel that God has plans for me and my family. He opened up this door for a reason and I should embrace this opportunity. We had planned to send Griffin there next year and I was going to homeschool Laney( her choice) and Ella again. We went to the school one day for Griffin to see it and the girls ended up loving it. I went into the office for the most laid back interview I have ever been to. We came home, I weighed the pros and cons, took a family vote which was unanimous and decided to take the job.
I am sad because..........
1. I will no longer be a stay at home mom.
2. Overall, I enjoyed homeschooling and will miss all the wonderful friends we made.
3. I will no longer have the freedom of going and doing during the day.
4. I feel like I am officially saying we are done having kids( even though Carmel says it doesn't have to be.)
5. I will not have as much time for bargain hunting. BOOHOO!
I am happy because........
1. All 3 of my children will receive a Christian education and be at the same building.
2. I will be teaching Kindergarten( I always wanted this grade).
3. Ella will be 2 doors down from me and could be in my classroom next year.
4. It seems to be a more laid back atmosphere unlike when I taught in the public school.
4. Since I work there, Griffin and Laney will go for freeeeeeeee. IF YOU KNOW ME AT ALL YOU KNOW I LIKE FREE. The only thing that would be better is if I had a coupon where they paid me for the kids to attend there. Wait.....that leads me to number 5.
5. I will actually be getting a paycheck again.
Each day my emotions go back and forth but I trust in God and feel like I made the right decision. So in between all the vacations we have planned this summer, I will be busy planning and getting my room ready to welcome my new kindergarten students in August.