Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Look at what we picked.

Yesterday, we met up with some friends and went to Sander's Farm to pick....


blueberries and.....


blackberries and......


peaches.

We started with the blueberries because we had to wait for the tractor to take us to pick the other 2. I have never been a huge fan of plain blueberries( from the store). I do however love them in jams, jellies, muffins, pancakes, etc. Blueberries are definitely better when picked yourself and fresh. 


Here are all the kids waiting for the tractor. Griffin spent the night off with some friends so he did not go. 


Next, we went to pick blackberries. The first spot they took us they were mostly tart and didn't look good. So we asked if we could move to the next patch. I am so glad they let us because they were amazingly big and delicious. Just to show you how big they were here is a picture I took.


Lastly, we went to pick peaches.


Laney being her usual self and giving me a hard time. She is still in the phase of not wanting to take pictures. I may just quit putting her on this blog. Then she will not be able see or read about herself.


We picked a whole bucket full. Of course, we had to taste the merchandise too. 


By now it is hot and we are drenched with sweat, so we head to the pond to cool off. 


One of my friends in laws have several aches of land with a huge pond that is treated to make it a clear pretty blue.
They have huge catfish that swim below your feet.


Here was our loot that we brought home.


I can definitely see another trip to Sander's farm in our future.

1 comment:

  1. Where is this farm? Do share girlie! And -- swimming with catfish...are you kidding me? Heck, no! LOL!

    ReplyDelete