Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Part 3 of Gatlinburg

Friday, June 11

My mom, Laney, Ella and myself decided to ride the trolley around Gatlinburg. Griffin and Ashton opted out of this one and decided to go with my cousin to the Ripley's Aquarium. 


Mom and the girls mapping out our travels.


We bought a pass for $2 which allowed us to ride the trolley all day. We could get off and on as many times as we liked as long as you got on the right color. We were kicked off the first trolley we hopped on. 


Ella is into posing these days. 

We were having a great time riding the trolley until we got on one where the air did not work and I could not get the window to go up...... not a joyable ride. So we decided to get off and walk the strip of Gatlinburg. We were doing pretty good with just browsing and avoiding the pricey activities until we came to the sky lift. The begging began. Laney even offered up her savings.

And so this momma gave in. 

Going up!


Once we reached the top, we got a slushy and snapped a few pictures.


Going down!

That night the rest of the Parker Clan came. We ate and played a mean game of spoons. If you have ever played spoons before, you know it can get quite brutal. Just to let you know how brutal the game got. A certain lady who I will keep her identity a secret( and no it wasn't me) actually pushed a sweet innocent player on the ground for a spoon. 


Saturday, June 12

We headed to Nascar Speedway for some friendly family go cart racing.

And their off...........


Ella said she wanted to stick to the ones more her speed.
Which was 2mph.


Just a few other things we did while we were there. 


While I was waiting on Laney, Carmel went and found his favorite chair.


Just as we were about to leave it started to rain. For those who bought a wristband could go and get a raincheck for another wristband to use later. The great thing is that they never expire and you can use them anywhere there is a Nascar Speedway. 

We headed back to the cabin for dinner together and some entertainment.......Parker style (karaoke, of course).


This is my cousins stepdaughter. She is the real entertainment. She is going to make it big one of these days......she is that good! She has already sang at Six Flags, Country Tonight in Pigeon Forge, Nashville and several other places.

Here are a few of the others that followed her:


I had a rocking good performance!

My sister on the other hand.....well lets just say she should have gotten a few pointers from me.


Now here is another girl who likes to perform. What can I say she takes it from me. We even have jam sessions occasionally.


So how many families do this at their family reunions?


Well, this is the end of our Gatlinburg posts. I know this one may have been quite long but I was trying not to go for a part 4. We had a wonderful time as always. It went by way to fast but  I look forward to Thanksgiving when we will all be together again.

Thank you Vicky Parker for planning this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment