Friday, June 4, 2010

It's beginning to look alot like summer!

Even though summer technically is not  for a couple more weeks, it felt that way today. I had 3 extra kids with me so instead of sitting around the house refereeing, we declared a fun day. We put on our swimsuits, packed us some lunch and got ready to grab the keys when the sky opened up and the rains came tumbling down. So I did what any mother would do I loaded them up and hoped for the best. The pool was on standby until the thunder stopped. Everytime the thunder rolled it was another 30 minutes before we could swim. We were all feeling the need to swim so we decided to wait it out. We loaded back up and headed across the street to Robins Park and had lunch.


What is a day at the park without a watermelon eating contest?


The rain did not stop us from having fun.


After a couple of hours, the rain stopped and the thunder quit rumbling. We were so glad we waited it out because we had a blast swimming. We had so much fun that we did not leave until 6:00. 

I wish I had some swimming pictures to post but my battery died while at the park.

I HOPE ALL OF YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL SUMMER!

PS. Today is National Doughnut Day so stop by Krispy Kreme to get a free doughnut. I know we will!

No comments:

Post a Comment