Monday, June 21, 2010

Carmel's Day

I hope all the fathers out there had a wonderful Father's Day.


Yesterday, we went to church and then we took Carmel to Cheddar's for lunch. I think everyone else decided to do the same thing. I did not get a picture because I forgot  my camera....oh well.

After lunch, we headed back home for presents. For the wrapping and card making we got a little creative. You could use this idea anytime.


We took those white present boxes and decorated them with our own designs and messages. I got these back at Christmas time when they were 75% off. No wrapping paper or cards needed.


We had a great time putting our own personal touches on them.


Present time!

Laney giggled the whole time while giving her present.


Carmel received running clothes ( since he is training for his second marathon), a shirt and Griffin gave him a book. He had 1 more box to open that was from all of us. Inside was a note that told him to go look in the back of the van.

This is what he found......


Carmel spent the rest of the day doing homework while waiting on his baseball game to come on.

We love our daddy!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up on your posts!

    You are such a sweet wife for making Daddy's Day so special. For Carmel and the kids. Shows them how a father should be treated.

    And, I can't believe your shopping day! WOW!

    And, I'm looking forward to your movie night! It was fun! I'm glad you came and I loved your fancy snack! Yes, it was fancy/gourmet to me! lol

    ReplyDelete