Saturday, May 31, 2014

Our first high school graduate!

I can't believe I just typed those words! It seems so unreal to say I have a child in college now. 

I do not feel old......
I do not feel old......
I do not feel old......
 I believe if I keep saying those words over and over, I will stay young FOREVER!

Graduation Day
May 18, 2014

When I graduated(just a few few years ago), it was on a Friday night. Since then, they have changed it to a Sunday. It made for one busy day. We went to church that morning, grabbed a bite to eat before heading to claim our seats. We arrived an hour and a half early and there was already a line forming. Once they opened the doors, it was like Black Friday. Everyone rushing to get the best deal! Of course, it was seats we were after and it didn't involve pushing, fighting or any gun fire! We had a large group with us since Griffin and my nephew were both graduating. We finally found several seats on the far left side of the auditorium which is where Griffin told us to sit.

The class of 2014

 
After all the pictures were taken and the seats were filled, the ceremony began. I thought we had chosen pretty good seats until the graduates started walking down the aisle. We had to stand on our seats just to see him walk in. My nephew walked in on the opposite side of the room. We completely missed a good photo opportunity of them walking into the room. With over 100 hundred graduates, were bound to miss a few.

After a few speakers, it was diploma time!



 Way to go Griffin!


I was doing really good holding it together until we got to the rose ceremony! I knew from my graduation and many others from ACA  that this part was something very emotional but also very special! As soon as the music hit and the lights dimmed, I could not hold back the tears any longer. For those of you who have never attended an ACA graduation, let me explain  the rose ceremony. They dim the lights and start playing  a song chosen by the senior class. The song seems like the saddest song ever during that moment! Once the song starts, a rush of memories from the time you hold your child for the first time to that moment begin to flood your mind. Your child brings you(the mother) a rose. As you hug your child, in that brief moment, the feeling of never wanting to let go overwhelms you! 

Here are pictures my sister captured during this brief moment.


Even though you can't see my face, I am bawling in the picture above!
 


My brother in law captured this photo of my nephew and his mom. It is a view from the other angle.


It is my favorite part of graduation!

The graduates gather to the stage for one last moment together before it ends.


Here is the bunch(minus a few) that came to support Griffin and Michael.


We took a few several more pictures before we rushed back to evening worship. It was so crowded inside and hot outside that I didn't get any individual pictures with my side of the family. Just the group picture above.












After evening worship, we had a celebration party for Michael and Griffin.

I will save that for another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment