Monday, May 3, 2010

Our Summer Home

This past weekend we went back to Crestview, Fl. Before I jump into our weekend I would like to tell you a quick story about why I chose this title for my post.  I picked Griffin up from school one day and we were chatting. He says, " People here think we are rich"......I almost had a wreck right then from laughing. I am thinking to myself  I am driving a van with 100,000 miles that could fall apart any day, Carmel drives a 96 Honda Civic( only 1 window works, the speedometer stays on 0, paint peeling, had a nice wash with insect repellent thanks to a couple of girls and I must add...... we are indeed saving it for Griffin), our house is not a mansion but a decent size....anyways I would say we are blessed not rich. I asked, "why would they think that". He then tells me........"I told them we have 2 homes". He sure does know how to twist the truth to his advantage. In case you are wondering we winter in Ga and summer in Fl......
NOT! 
We only have 2 homes because we don't have 50,000 to lose.

So on to our weekend.....

We arrived late Thursday night because Carmel needed to tie up some loose ends at his old job on Friday. We stayed with our friends/neighbors that lived right beside us. It was a little weird seeing our old house but not being able to go in( we have renters). Laney kept telling me she wanted to go over and see her room. 

We were planning to go to the beach for the day but the weather had other plans. So that morning the girls played beauty shop.


later that day we went to Destin Commons for a movie and supper.

On Saturday, Carmel had his Change of Command Ceremony. He was passing on the torch.




This is the daughter of the guy that was taking Carmel's place. Ella kept calling her my best friend.


After the ceremony, they had cake, some refreshments and a few gifts for Carmel.





Later that night we went with friends to the beach and to eat at Dewey's in Destin( Yummo!!!). The weather was still not beautiful but we couldn't be that close and not go.




Can you tell Ella misses the sand?




Sunday, we went to our old church home. It was so good to see everyone! I can't believe it had been 9 months since we were there last.

Thank you Reyes and Browns for such a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. People thought the same thing about us when we moved to FWB because we still had our house in Dothan. What they didn't know was that Alex's company was paying our rent in FWB because we also didn't have cash to fork over what we would need to sell...I didn't use that to my advantage though.

    Glad you got to see the beach before the oil hits. Deweys sounds so good right now too! But I'm still upset you didn't come through to see us too!

    ReplyDelete