Friday, May 7, 2010

Last day of Co-Op and presentation night

Yesterday, we had our last day of Co-Op. We have had such a wonderful time these past 9 weeks. This was my first time teaching and I loved it! The kids in my class were so sweet and adorable. They made those early 9:00 mornings worth it. For our last day we read Pizza Party. It explains how to make a pizza. Then, of course, we had to make pizza. While we waited on our pizzas to cook, we made chef's hats and practiced our song for the performance that night.



We finished up just in time to enjoy the fruits of our labor.


That night we came back for our end of the 9 weeks dinner and presentation.


I presented the class with their diplomas...a cookbook filled with  all of the recipes from the class.

Ella showed off her headpiece  she made in the pioneers and indians class. She also told everyone her indian name she picked out....singer.


Laney read a poem from her poetry class.


Laney also took a math class and art. We chose those because they were 2 areas she needed help. She amazed me in her art class. Laney has never been the type to work on something for too long. She was always ready to move onto something else after about 5 minutes including fun art/crafts. I was hoping that she would find a love for art or I should say the time for art. I think we accomplished that with this class. She was so proud of all the pieces she created and so was I! I will have to share what she did in another post.....once I find them! YIKES I know! I am pretty sure they are in Carmel's car which is not here at the moment.

We were sad to see Co-Op end!

2 comments:

  1. We are sad to see it come to an end, too. However, I will enjoy having my Thursdays back until the fall. We will miss seeing you all on Thursdays, so let's be sure to plan some summer fun days for the kiddos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ready for things to slow down for a bit but that may happen when I am old and gray. We will definitely have to get together. Gym will not be enough.

    ReplyDelete