Monday, May 10, 2010

My Mother's Day

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday! Here is how mine went:

*We got dressed, went to church, late, heard half of the lesson.....more positive outlook: What I heard was wonderful!

*Spent 2 1/2 hours at Outback for lunch, forgot the free coupon for an appetizer, that particular restaurant was not giving out the free gift cards ......more positive outlook: We were with friends and the kids were not complaining too much.


*Spent 1 1/2 hours in the car traveling back home listening to loud children.....positive outlook: I managed to block out the screaming and catch a cat nap.

*Arrived home, unpacked, missed church, cleaned......positive outlook: I had ice cream for supper.

*The kids did not get into bed until after 10:00......positive outlook: My hubby gave me the night off from my wifely duties( part of my present).

God has blessed me with a wonderful Christian husband and 3 amazing kids. Since I was with them, I would have to say I had another wonderful Mother's Day!

The only thing that would have made it better was to spend it with my mom.

A few pictures from our lunch at Outback.

Ella and Addi were playing Old Maid while we waited.


This is Carmel's best friend from college ...Scott. 


I joke around and say if  Carmel ever fell off the wagon this is who he would run too.
Remember folks.... we had time to kill. They were trying to get close enough for the picture to look like they were kissing. Did not accomplish that one. 


Ella and Addi eating Scott's birthday ice cream. They gobbled it up! Scott did not even get a chance to taste it.


Our Family
Would have been a great picture if Griffin was looking and Laney was smiling.


Scott's family minus Ella of course.

2 comments:

  1. I love this half-empty/half-full post! And, we missed you guys this weekend. Figured you were out of town. Could you stick around for a while? Now, that you're back, we'd love to see you from time to time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures, of course! I had planned on eating at Outback (and using my free appetizer Q and scoring a gift card) for supper but came down with a major headache and really forgot until this morning. Oh, well. I'll look at it on the positive side and assume mine wasn't giving them out either...

    ReplyDelete