Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The last mile!

As we were about to come upon mile marker 13, we passed this tiny thing.


This was a huge clue that we were coming to the end!


The last mile was not as tough as I thought it would be. We were filled with so much excitement that we even ran just about all of the last 1.1 miles.

As we passed a lady probably in her late 70s, she overheard us saying we only had half a mile left. She looked up at us and said, "Really!!!! Only half a mile left!!!!" 



We Did It!


After we crossed the finish line, we had fairy dust sprinkled over us and we received our princess metals.


I am now a princess!



We picked up our post race energy food box........


 and met up with our family!

They had a Disney flower for us!



I loved doing this half marathon!!!!!

It was definitely packed with a lot of entertainment! 
I can see myself doing this again next year except with both of my sisters and maybe even the hubs......................as long as he wears a shirt that says, " My wife is my princess!"

The only thing I would do differently is put in a better run time to be closer to the front. There were way to many people towards the back! A majority of them were the ones who wanted to walk the whole time. I refused to walk all of it since I had spent so much time training. We spent a lot of our time running on the side of the road or zig zagging through walkers. Which I did not like!!

I have to tell you I liked it so much........I may even try for a full.......one of these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment