Thursday, March 21, 2013

A visit to his first college!

I can't believe I am at the point in my life where we are looking at colleges for our first child. Time is passing way to quickly! We have just  a little over one year left before the number in our household drops..........and so does our bank account! 

I am going to stop talking about this before I start to cry!

Instead.......I am going to share his first visit.

Our youth minister has planned a couple of trips for the youth to see Christian colleges. 

Faulkner University was first.


After my parents picked up the girls for a day of fun, we met up with a couple of college students for a tour of the campus.


 

As we came into one building, we saw this big sign. I got excited because it was a reminder of where I will be this Saturday!


After the tour and lunch, we headed over to Apologetics Press for a tour.


If you are not familiar with Apologetics Press, they write and publish religious books, articles, etc. They have a wide range of material for all ages. They even offer a camp during the summer for kids. We have been and highly recommend it! You can go here http://www.apologeticspress.org/ to find out more information.
 

We headed back to Faulkner for Jamboree. 


The social groups at Faulkner put on a show. We saw The Little Mermaid, Snow White and Hercules.

After a full day, it was time to go home.


The next college we plan to look at is Freed-Hardeman University.

No comments:

Post a Comment