Monday, November 1, 2010

Ladies Retreat 2010

A couple of weeks ago, a few of us ladies were able to get away to Tybee Island for the 2010 Ladies Retreat.


I was asked last year if I wanted to plan this years retreat. Now keep in mind that I had no idea I would be returning to work. I( without any hesitation) said, "Sure, I'd love too!".  Now knowing there was no way I could do it alone I begged these 2 ladies to help. They graciously accepted and were so much fun to plan with. 
I asked my mom if she would like to go this year. She told me as long as I gave her a job to do. I called her up a few days later and told her I signed her up to be a speaker. I have heard her speak several times and knew she would be wonderful. The night she spoke she said she was nervous......but you could not tell. She said she was way out of her comfort zone.......but she looked comfortable to me. She said the preparation helped her.......but it inspired and uplifted us. Thank you mom for going and speaking!


We left Friday morning so we could get the keys to the houses and have them ready before the others arrived. We stayed in the Pink House


and this was our room.


We ended up renting 4 beach houses and they were all really nice!

That night after everyone arrived and were settled, we met at a park to have supper and the activities for the night. Our theme for the retreat was Matthew 5:16 "Let your light so shine before men......" My mom spoke on "Letting Your Light Shine - Ministries". Afterwards, we had an activity called, "Small Grains of Sand".


Each lady had to answer a questionnaire and then fill her jar with the appropriate color and amount of sand.  This allowed you to see in what areas of ministering were your strengths and weaknesses.

Saturday, we had the privilege of hearing two more amazing speakers.  We could not plan a retreat so close to Savannah or the beach without allowing some time to enjoy them. 


A few of us went to Savannah to eat and walk around. It was such a beautiful day!

We also had to add in a little fun in the sun!



I was enjoying one of  God's blessings.....the beach, when I turned around and saw this.....


Christian sisters helping another sister in need. I thought it made an inspiring picture.


My mom was able to meet up with her college roommate who she has not seen in 20 years. She was such a joy to be around. You know when you are feeling blue and someone comes along who is a sweet, peppy, positive person to brighten your day......Maxine is that person.


That night we planned an activity where each lady  had to choose  someone in the room and tell how she has encouraged you and light her candle. I don't think there was a dry eye in the room. I hope that this activity will continue for many retreats to come.



These were two of my favorite!


All the ladies that attended the 2010 Ladies Retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment