Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Our Veterans Day

First of all, I think we must have been the only school  who did not have this day as a holiday. Personally, I needed it but I am sure somewhere along the way we get a day that no one else does. We were asked for Veterans Day to bring in items to send to the troops. Here is another way why stockpiling and using coupons comes in handy. I could have gone to the store,  bought 1 razor and spent $10. Since I could go into my storage room and shop, I was able to let all three of my children take a bag filled with items to send.


As you can see from the picture, they could wear red, white, blue or a military uniform.

 One of the teachers arranged for someone to bring an Army truck for all the kids to see.



Towards the end they were taking the children for a ride.


It turned out to be a great day after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment