Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Snowman Q tip painting

We are finishing up a few of our winter crafts this week since January is almost over. Yesterday, Laney finished up her book Tye May and the Magic Brush. In the story the girl has a magic paintbrush and whatever she paints come to life. I told Laney we were going to paint with a special paintbrush. She seemed a little disappointed to find out it was just a Q tip and not something magical. That is Laney for you someone who is always in her own little dream world. She ended up enjoying her snowman painting even if it did not come to life. Laney's snowman
Ella explained to me that this was a snowman holding a puppy.


The book we read and got our snowman ideas from.






3 comments:

  1. We did that last year...well, the Q-tip painting anyway! :) Now, is this just extra stuff that you're implementing or is it part of the curriculum? Please share! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to get all my snow books read too since we are approacing Valentine's. This is a really cute idea and one I will be stealing! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just added it in. I try to add fun crafts that go along with the month or sometimes what we are doing. Tara be my guest...steal away...I probably stole it from someone else anyway.

    ReplyDelete