Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Homemade goodies

We are finally done with all our holiday extravaganzas!  Before I share all the fun, I wanted to show  you our homemade goodies this year. It seems I  have created a pattern of posting my creations after Christmas. Since most of them are always presents, I don't want the receivers to know what they are getting.
 I decided to involve the girls this year in my projects. Since Laney has discovered pinterest, she has several beauty ideas and recipes pinned. I figured I could help her knock off a few from the list. Several months ago, I got a great deal on these. 


After I drank them…..I saved the box and bottles to create these spa kits.
Hint: When you peel off the labels, there will be a sticky film left behind. I used Goo Gone to remove it.


I started by spray painting the box and bottle tops black. We filled one of the bottles with homemade hot chocolate mix, marshmallows, chocolate chips and peppermint.


The girls whipped up a batch of peppermint foot scrub and peppermint foot soak for the other 2 bottles.




We filled the forth spot of the box with a pair of socks, candy cane, hand santitizer,  peppermint bark candy and homemade lip gloss.



We loved making these and even had some left over for us to enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment