Wednesday, October 30, 2013

ACA Homecoming

A few weeks ago ACA had their homecoming game. Now just to give you a little history, this is the same school where my sisters, cousins and I graduated. Both my mom and aunt were teachers there for many years. I am excited to say I will have a son and nephew graduate from there this year! 

The festivities began in the early afternoon with a pep rally to get everyone fired up for the game. 




 This is my nephew that will be graduating this year.

My sister and her family came down for the weekend. It was like a walk down memory lane. We talked to a few of the teachers we had in school who are still there. We talked about the additions and changes made to the grounds over the years. We had to make a stop at this memory bench and Savor the Day.


My sister was good friends with Sara Walker who recently passed from cancer. She attended ACA and this bench was dedicated in her honor. If you have not read her story, you must!!!! She was truly an inspiring woman of God!

You can read her story here



A couple of hours later, we attended the homecoming reception. We chatted with a few friends we have not seen in a while. We also scored some free tickets to the game for my sister, ate supper and  won door prizes!

The last event for the night was the game.












2 comments:

  1. Wow! Has it been THAT long????? Are we REALLY that old? I'm pretty sure that we just graduated last year.... just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts exactly! I can't believe it's been 20 years!

    ReplyDelete