Sunday, January 30, 2011

We're expanding!

We have been wanting to enclose our back porch for a while now but was crushed when a conman the devil in disguise  took off with our money.  It has taken us quite a while to figure out what to do. My very handy and wonderful uncle said he would be glad to come  and give us a hand. I am so glad he did because his ideas were so much better than the fake plans from the criminal ( Can you tell he still erks me?)! Originally were going to do the basic enclosure of a panel of windows up top and siding at the bottom. Carmel and my uncle decided to frame, insulate, and sheet rock. They took down the vinyl siding and brick on the inside to make it look more like a room. From the outside it will look like part of the house. There is still some work left to do but it is looking great so far.  We jokingly say this space will be an expensive doghouse  for Chewy. Yes... it is for him to stay in during the day while we are gone but the main use will be the kid's playroom. 

Here is the before picture.


Here is the work in progress.




My uncle kept telling Ella if she worked hard enough he would hire her and she could make some money. Ella kept running inside every few minutes to tell me, "She was almost hired".






Hopefully, I can share with you the finished product very soon!

1 comment:

  1. I know you're glad to finally have this project underway! It looks great so far, and I can't wait to see the finished room!

    ReplyDelete