Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Today's post was brought to you by the letter Nn

I thought I would start sharing with you activities, crafts, etc from my classroom each week. Maybe it will give you some ideas to do with your kids. One of the letters we covered this week was Nn. We are working on an alphabet book so we added this to it.


We made a nest for our bird.

On Friday of each week, we do a cooking activity related to our theme. For the letter Nn, we made edible nest.


Recipe:

1 can of chow mien noodles.
2 cups of mini marshmallows
2 tbs butter
jellybeans/ M&Ms

Melt the butter and add marshmallows. Once the marshmallows have melted, remove the pot off  of the stove and add noodles. Stir and immediately drop spoonfuls onto wax paper. Add jellybeans or M&Ms to the nest.

Here is my class enjoying the fruits of their labor:


1 comment:

  1. Cute idea! I was so far behind on your blog! You've been very busy lately!

    ReplyDelete