Monday, September 27, 2010

More of Ella's birthday

I did a long post for Ella's birthday party but when your birthday doesn't fall on the same day it can last for a few days.

Her birthday was on a Thursday this year. For the first time ever, she was able to share her birthday with classmates. She took a cookie cake to share with friends.


After school, we went to Toys R Us for her to pick out a toy. Honestly, my kids are at the age( or maybe it's just me) were they have a huge collection of toys and don't need much. I am starting to think  less the better. The nice thing about teaching is I have taken quite a bit to school.

At first, Ella picked out this $24.99 Disney bucket, sponge and mop. Griffin couldn't believe she was going to pick that out. She told him " Griffin the house needs to be cleaned." Yes, my five year old has started to notice that the pink ring in the toilet doesn't belong there. Griffin finally talked her into a Hello Kitty karaoke machine. I know.......thank you Griffin!  When we went to go check out, Ella told the lady it was her birthday. The lady gave her a balloon and announced her name over the loud speaker. On the way out everyone told her happy birthday. That was probably the best part of her day. I now know for next year all I have to do is take her to Toys R Us, buy a piece of bubble gum and have them announce her birthday.
 For supper, she picked out Chickfila.


 I guess Ella thinks that once you turn 5 you have to be more responsible. Before I went to bed that night, I went in her room to check on her and this is what I found..........


  she had made her bed and fell asleep on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment