Thursday, September 30, 2010

Johnny Appleseed and a few other ideas.

Last Friday, we talked about Johnny Appleseed. We did apple activities all day. We started the day with putting apples in the crockpot for applesauce later. We read several Johhny Appleseed books.


We tried 4 different kinds of apples and made a class graph of our favorites.


Our buddy class came to our room and we made mini apple pies and ate the homemade applesauce. I forgot to get a picture of us making the pies. What can I say I was covered in flour and busy watching the kids measure. I think I should have watched the ones who put in nutmeg a little closer. I think they over counted their spoonfuls.

The applesauce we made.


Laney is in our buddy class. Here she is with her buddy.


I thought I would add in this post the letters we have been working on for our book.

We introduced the letter H and talked about healthy habits. Here is what we made to help us remember what we can use to help eliminate some germs.


We made a caterpillar for the letter C and a snake for the letter S.


No comments:

Post a Comment