Monday, December 31, 2012

Hot Chocolate Bar and a Must Have Recipe!


 I saw this idea(probably pinterest) and loved it..........A hot chocolate bar!
I usually put out hot chocolate at Christmas time but never all the fixins.

 We have enjoyed the convenience of being able to whip up something hot and then making it our own.





If you take a closer look at our bar, you will find.....

 hot chocolate
 cookies
 marshmallows
 candy canes
and mint chocolate chips.

A mixture of all those ingredients makes for one delicious cup of hot cocoa!


If you love butterfingers you will want to try this recipe.

Homemade Butterfingers

It takes only 3 ingredients.
1 lb candy corn, 16 oz peanut butter and chocolate bark

Melt the candy corn in the microwave for 15 second intervals. Stir in between. Add  the jar of peanut butter and stir. If you forgot to do your arm workouts....no problem....you will get it during this part! 
I like to think I am shedding a few calories before I add it back on!
Stir....stir....stir until it is mixed together. Line a baking dish with wax paper and pour in the mixture. Once it is completely cool, lift it out and cut into small square. I was giving them to neighbors so I wanted them to be small. You could cut them into bars but............(here comes the WARNING!) they are very addictive. YOU....WILL.....WANT.....TO....INDULGE.......SLOWLY!


Now these squares are delicious naked........ but dip them in melted chocolate and...........

you will want to find a closet to hide in. These babies will disappear!

I was amazed at the results! They even have the consistency of butterfingers.

I thought I would share my gift to the neighbors this year.


A bottle of vanilla extract and homemade butterfingers placed in a cute Christmas dish
 

No comments:

Post a Comment