Monday, June 18, 2012

First Family 5K

I am in the process of training for a half marathon. If I can live to tell about it, then I will move on to a marathon. For right now, I am only committing to the half.

Before you start saying "WOW" or "You are super mom!", let me just say running is not my favorite thing to do.The first night I went running, I thought I was going to die!!!!! I love walking! I always have! It has not been easy but I am up to 6 miles so far. I will be trying to accomplish 8 this week.

I figured I better get my feet wet with a 5K. I didn't want to do it alone so I signed the whole family up for the Chickfila 5K. The hubby and son have done a few already but this was the ladies first time.



 WE ALL MADE IT ACROSS THE FINISH LINE!

I was so proud of the girls!

Here are a few photos from our day. 

Due to the whole family running, I do not have any to share of us during the race. I was not about to try running with my bulky camera. It was hard enough to get myself across the finish line. I am not going to lie THE HILLS WERE A CHALLANGE! Note to self: add a few hills into the training!

These are all before the race. 







This is the only one I got of us after the race.


We look a little hot but still smiling!


No comments:

Post a Comment