Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ladies Day

A couple of weeks ago we had a Ladies Day at church. The theme was "A Sweet Life". We were fortunate to have Mrs. Donna Faughn from Kentucky come speak to us about life's sweetest blessings. One of our blessings is the bible. With God's word we can read to find out how to sweeten our lives as Christian women. In order to have the sweet life there are a few must.

1. We must be grateful.( Deut. 8:11-18)
2. We must be content.( Phil 4:11-13)
3. We must RELAX and live in peace and joy.( John 14:27)
4. We must share the sweet life!

After a morning of singing, praying and listening to the message delivered, we headed down stairs for lunch. This year several different ladies were asked to decorate a table in their own unique style. 

This was my table.....


My design came from the flower arrangement.


I saw it in the magazine and thought it was such a cute idea. I took a glass vase and filled it about 3/4 full with jelly beans. I saved just enough room for the......


PEEPS to go at the top!

I stuck a few flowers in and that was it. 


With each table came so many different personalities. Here are just a few of the other tables.


another Easter table


Alice in Wonderland


Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice


Vintage

This next one is the one I sat at.


The Chocoholics Anonymous
I had to sit here so I could be close to this...


Every girls dream a fountain of chocolate. This would be nice to have on hand once a month!

It was such a blessing to spend the day sharing the sweet life with Christian women.

No comments:

Post a Comment