Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas traditions...

I thought I would share with you a Weed family tradition.

 Our Christmas Trees.....

Each child has a Christmas tree in his/her room.They get to decorate their  tree by using their own ornaments. They are given a new ornament to add each year. The ornaments are chosen based on what was a favorite from the past year. Each ornament is recorded in a journal and will be given to them once they are on their own or married.

Ella's

Laney's

Griffin's

The kitchen tree

The family tree

I think trees that are themed are so pretty but I have to tell you I love our tree. It is a tree that is filled with memories. Most of the ornaments on our tree tell a story or were given to us by special people. Maybe next year I can add a themed tree in the office.

1 comment:

  1. I love themed trees too, but every year I plan to do one and realize I love all my ornaments too much to put only one type on one tree. They all tell a story and I love to look at them and remember. I do try to put all the things the kids make (from all the years) on one tree. This year I've had to upgrade to a bigger tree for those! Still don't have all my ornaments on all the trees, but all the trees are up. Maybe today...

    ReplyDelete