Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What's in your bowl?

Monday night we had the Ladies Salad Supper/Craft Swap at my house. Our theme was "What's in your bowl?" I picked that theme because I did a short devo on Fruits of the Spirit. Each lady received a piece of fruit in her bowl:

Strawberry = love
Pineapple  = joy
Kiwi = peace
Oranges = goodness
Apple = faithfulness
Banana = kindness
Watermelon = gentleness
Cantaloupe= longsuffering
grapes = self control

We read a verse from the bible that went along with each fruit. At the end of the lesson I asked them, "What is in your bowl?" Are you striving daily to have all these in there?

To go along with the theme I asked everyone to bring something to eat that would fit in a bowl. To make these ladies think I let them know I would be offering a prize for the most creative. Let me just tell you it got quite competitive. Here are a few of the ones that participated:







 We enjoyed eating them too!



 Our winner was Shelia with the Salsa Fire Pit.


Her prize was bowls with fruit on them.

Next, we had the swapping of lots of wonderful spring crafts.

The craft I brought was an apron which I would later monogram.


It was a great night of Christian female fun!

Check back tomorrow when I share with you a sweet poem I read that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment