Thursday, April 22, 2010

Couponing tip

I thought I would share one of my tips on couponing.

Many of you may get coupons from the newspaper, websites, blogs, tearpads and some who will remain anonymous have been known to go through recycling bins/trash cans to get their coupons.

Another great place that people tend not to look is on Ebay. You can find really good coupons for hardly anything. If you find a good coupon in the paper one week, look on ebay and chances are you can purchase a bundle of them for around a $1. 

Here are some examples of what I have purchased.....


I purchased 40  $1 off Johnson and Johnson product for around $5. I use them to buy these Buddies soaps that are priced at Target for 99 cents (yes, a penny of overage) or $1.09 at Publix. My kids love these!


I purchased 40 $1 off any Fisher product 4 oz or larger for around $2. I buy these for 99 cents at the commissary (penny overage).


I purchased 40 $1 off or free Marcal tissues for around $2. I have only been able to find these at the commissary but they are priced 99 cents (penny overage).


I purchased 20 $3 off Snuggle fabric softner for around $11. That is the most I have spent on purchasing coupons but as you will see it was well worth it. It is also the one I am most proud of! These are priced at $2.49 at the commissary. Did you catch that! As I like to say, "They paid me $.51 cents to take them." You can do the math and see that my puchase for $11 was well worth it. Even if you do not have access to the commissary on base, you can still get them for cheap at other stores.

So as you can see, if you do a little research buying coupons from ebay can add $$$ to your wallet.

Now you may be thinking but what are you going to do with all that. Well, besides my family using it I can share with others! I fixed up a basket for one of my friends who is unemployed.


This post was in no way meant to brag. I love saving money and enjoy sharing my frugal tips with you!

Now ladies go out and SAVE, SAVE, SAVE!

4 comments:

  1. This just shows that you don't have to just use coupons for unhealthy food. I use them to get all our household products almost free so I have more money to spend on good food each month! And yes, blessing others with my finds is such a great thing for them and me! You are not bragging, just trying to show others the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips. I have just recently got into couponing. I just found out about CVS and got some really good deals there. I never thought about going on Ebay for coupons. Maybe you can host a couponing workshop one day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those Johnson Buddies Soaps. It doesn't hurt either that I have about 2 dozen of them under my kids' bathroom sink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just catching up with your blog...I read Miss Spider's Tea Party last week with PreK. They were studying bugs and insects. Cute book! Also, you're very smart to be so frugal!

    ReplyDelete