Tuesday, December 17, 2013

This post will be a hard one!

You see 2 weeks ago today, we had to say goodbye to our furry, lovable, snugly, funny, sweet dog Chewy. He ventured out to the road and was hit by a car. I am going to save all the details because I want this post to be about the good times our family had with him. I debated whether or not to do this post because it has been harder than I thought of letting go! One of my daughters keeps checking this blog daily and even commented, "When are you going to do one on Chewy?" After I thought about it, this blog is mostly about documenting our memories. Chewy is definitely a good memory to share with all of you! A lot of you probably knew him and had the chance for him to snuggle in your lap......whether you wanted him to or not! hehe! So we are going to take a trip down memory lane and I am going to try my hardest not to get the keyboard to wet!

For Christmas in 2007, Griffin got a note from Santa telling him he would be getting a dog.


After a couple of months of researching the right dog for us, we decided to look for a Brussels Griffon. We found a guy who had 1 left. We were in FL at the time and had to drive an hour to pick him up. Chewy was well worth the trip and the $$. He was such cute little thing!




For the girls........he was their live baby doll!


For Griffin, he was his pal!



Over the years, we fell in love with our Chewy. God's timing was perfect! Chewy came at a time when our family needed him the most!

I have to stop and be completely honest. I was not much of a dog person before we got Chewy. I thought dogs were dirty( yes....they lick themselves and get poop stuck in their hair) and too much work! Our family is constantly on the go. We wouldn't have time for a dog.

Ohhhh........how I was proven wrong!!!!!

I want to take the next few minutes and share some of our fondest memories with our buddy. I am probably going to have to split this into 2 post. When I started looking through old pictures, I kept finding several that were perfect to add. If you are not a dog person or don't have several minutes to walk down memory lane, I suggest you exit. It could get lengthy!

Chewbacca "Chewy" Weed

I mentioned earlier how our family is constantly on the go. Several times Chewy was right there with us!






 
Chewy loved his treats! 

When he returned through the doggy door from doing his business, he would sit at the cabinet until someone gave him a treat. Just the mention of the word treat would have him wagging his tail and a dash to the kitchen cabinet. He would sit, stand, roll over and lay down for a treat. Sometimes we did not even command him to do anything. Recently, while at my parents, he went through a spell of associating  a treat for us leaving. It is the only time he ever put his head down and refused to take it.



Christmas was his favorite! Santa was always good to him!
 

He even got special treats occasionally........




When all the dogs were at my parents, sometimes he would get overlooked!


A few more of his friends......


(This was one of the last pictures I took of him.)

He was a funny little boy!

He didn't like toys and wouldn't chew on much....except maybe the occasional tissue from the bathroom. That doesn't mean he didn't sniff or roll and end up with things attached to him.




He never bit.....no matter how much he was tortured!





I think I will stop right there and save my favorite pictures for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment