Friday, September 14, 2012

My longest project

Have you ever seen a craft or project and say "I could make that!" 

That is me!! 

If I think I can make it, I will always try before I purchase it.

I like nice but love cheaper better!

Right now I have several projects on my to do list but probably the one that has been on there the longest is Laney's room.

Over a year ago, we decided to change her room. She wanted a more grown up room. She decided on the Paris pink with zebra print theme. We have purchased a few things like bedding, a rug and decor but all the major projects are still left.

I bought a small dresser a year and a half ago that needs to be painted. I am in the process of looking for a daybed, dresser and a small desk. I really do not want to buy new( I want a good quality fixer upper) so this is making my project the longest one so far.

When I saw this, I knew I wanted to try it. I looked fast, inexpensive and easy.

Here is the finished project.


I used a zebra print full size fitted sheet. I used ribbon and a rod I already had. I may decide to change the ribbon color once the room is complete. This window treatment cost me $14. The fitted sheet came as a set so I will be using the flat sheet and pillow case for another project in mind.

I love it but most importantly Laney loves it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment