Thursday, February 24, 2011

Girls morning out

This past Saturday, the girls and I had a girls morning and went to IHOP. It has been forever since we went out for breakfast (going through the Chickfila drive thru for a free biscuit doesn't count.....right?). I am not a morning person and since Saturdays are my only day to sleep in.......I take advantage of it. We usually wake up and end up having a brunch. I wish I was a morning person. I would be hitting every yard sale within the area!


Laney ordered the smiley face pancake.



Ella ordered the silver dollar pancakes.


Ella must have been hungry because she ate every single bit of it.


Myself???
I enjoyed the pleasures of these......


Nothing like sampling each one to remind yourself of your favorite.


My favorite has to be the butter pecan. Probably not the most nutritious but when you only go to IHOP once every few years I think it's okay. Although, isn't National Pancake Day happening soon?   Tara......oh great one of all special National holidays.....lay upon us your wisdom.



1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm...I found conflicting info on this. IHOP has deemed Marh 1 to be National Pancake Day this year (you were a few days early!) and are giving a free short stack and encouraging you to donate to the Children's Miracle Network. They started this in 2006 but the day seems to change each year. It seems to fall near Shrove Tuesday, or Pancake Tuesday, which is connected to Lent. However, I also found several sites saying September 26 was the day and Feb 21-27 was National Pancake Week. Who knows? But I say any reason to eat pancakes is great by me!

    ReplyDelete