Thursday, September 24, 2009

1 tooth lost, 2 birthdays and COOP classes make for a busy week!

I will begin with earlier in the week when Laney lost her tooth. She has always pulled her other teeth as soon as they became loose. Her front 2 teeth have been a different story. They were dangling and she still would not attempt to pull them. Ella tried to help by knocking Laney in the mouth(it didn't work). What finally got it out was her bending over and accidentally bumping her mouth on the bed. When she raised back up.....there was her tooth on the bed. She went through the house screaming, "It's out my tooth is out!" followed by...."I look weird". Ella's birthday was Wednesday so she picked McDonald's to eat. The Meeks meet us there.

When we got home she opened her presents. For the past 2 months, no matter what store we were in Ella would find something she wanted and say, "OH mommy! can I get this for my birthday." I would then proceed to tell her sure.... for your birthday. She did not get any of those things and she was still thrilled.
I learned of a local group that has COOP classes for 8 weeks in the fall and 8 weeks in the spring. So I went to the meeting and instantly signed them up for classes. Both Laney and Ella are taking an Eric Carle class. Today, they read one of his books A House For Hermit Crab. They made a crab out of a pasta shell and discussed places to live. I think they are going to love this class.


I signed Laney up for an acting class but there were not enough kids so her second option was to take time and money. Today, she learned about the history of money and painted a bank which will hold the money she earns from homework, classwork, etc. At the end of the 8 weeks, she will be able to buy something at the class store. It works out great because we are about to start money at home.








No comments:

Post a Comment