Thursday, December 4, 2014

Youth Group Fall Beach Retreat

Laney is in the youth group and wants to go everywhere and do everything! I am so happy that she has the opportunity to participate in so many activities with several Christian friends. We have a wonderful youth minister who truly cares for these kids! A couple of weekends ago, I went as a chaperon for the fall beach retreat. Our youth minister had me at the word beach when he was trying to get chaperons. I gained so much more while I was there. I saw first hand how great these kids are! I also witnessed for the first time Laney developing into a teenager. She didn't hug, love or really pay me any attention while we were there. I guess I should not have expected anything more. A few years ago at camp……Griffin acted like he didn't even know who I was. I did tell Laney once we got back I can handle it when we go somewhere just as long as she doesn't stop it at home!

It was so cold this particular weekend but that didn't keep us from having fun. We played games, ate, went to an adventure park,



went shopping at the outlets and walked on the beach.


Cold or hot…..it was still beautiful!

I told Laney I would take some pictures on the beach of her and her friends. Here are a few of the ones I took.







She even took one with me!


A few of the girls including Laney got a little adventurous over the weekend. I mentioned earlier how cold it was……..


They jumped into the freezing cold pool. Lets just say they got out as quickly as they jumped into the pool.

I thought it was humorous that they came all this way to the beach and they jump into a pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment