Tuesday, December 20, 2011

God loves a cheerful giver!

I want my children to learn that giving is better than receiving. We are blessed because we have each other, a roof over our head, food to eat, our health and most importantly a God that is in control. We hear a lot during this time of the year of what I want or what I have to have. My kids are quick to grab that Toys R Us catalog from the mailbox and circle practically everything in it. My youngest even circled items she already has. When I told her she already had one just like it, she said, "This one has flowers on it!".  All the more reason why I should show her how she is blessed.

Our church makes bears for the children at a local hospital. I asked if we could make some and deliver them. We made it a class project with our buddies and finished over 30 bears.


Ella is working with her buddy to stuff the bears.


Don't ask me why she has that confusing look on her face.

After the bears were finished, we planned a day to deliver them. 


Here are both classes with the finished bears.




Last year, we were not able to hand deliver them. 
I was so excited this year when the nurses allowed us to deliver to 4 children. 



We grabbed a quick picture in front of the Christmas tree on our way out.

After the hospital, we grabbed a quick bite at Stevi B's before heading off to Toys R Us.


Nothing like a plate of bacon bits with a side of pizza!

Our trip to Toys R Us was not an ordinary one. We were bringing toys we had collected at school for Toys for Tots.





We did take the kids through Toys R Us just to look. We are not that cruel!

We had a great day of giving cheerfully! 
Maybe the next time Ella grabs the Toys R Us catalog, she will think twice about circling everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment