Monday, March 15, 2010

Who needs to laugh today?

Do you know what this is?
I will let Laney explain...........
(These are her words exactly)
  
Let me set the stage......
We are in Academy Sports looking for the above item for Griffin. Carmel is out of town so I had all the kids with me. Griffin is trying out for baseball and needed several things. The last thing on our list.....protection cup. I try to be helpful but at the same time let him decide what size he was. 

Laney:   Mom, what is a prophecy cup?
Me:   What are you talking about Laney?
Laney:   Griffin is looking at a prophecy cup. What are they?
Pause
I am thinking..... O brother do I really want to have this discussion here.
unpause
Me:    It is a  protection cup not prophecy cup. It is for boys to wear during sports. 

I thought she was satisfied and understood until I hear her on the phone with my dad.

Laney: We are at the store buying Griffin a prophecy cup.
I am sure my dad asks " What is that? "
Laney:  It is what a boy puts on when he plays baseball. HE PEES IN IT!

I guess I was wrong. She definitely did not understand what it meant!

I explain to her later...again.....what it was.

The next day we had to go  back to get a different size. The guy working there ask if we need any help and I tell him what we need. He pulls one down and Laney says

" You know you wear those things on your weiner!"

MORAL:
Avoid taking Laney to the store when buying a protection cup buying any item for a male.

6 comments:

  1. I laughed the first time I heard it, and I'm laughing again. She is such a hoot. Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying a little prayer of thanks for only girls...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious!!! She is just too shy isn't she?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's not lacking in the personality department, that's for sure! She cracks me up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is sooooo funny!!!

    hey suzy, where is your "follow" button??? i'm pretty clueless when it comes to blogs!

    -kh2o

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are just too many jokes going through my ahead about calling it a prophecy cup. That is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete