Thursday, March 4, 2010

Our first day of CoOp.

We started our first day of Spring CoOp classes today. I am teaching Storybook Chef which is basically what it sounds like. We take a book and do a cooking activity to go along with it. I have 12 kids ranging from ages 3 to 7. Today, we read My Apron by Eric Carle. The kids decorated an apron that they will be wearing during each class and then made plaster ( homemade frosting) to use for their house.







Ella is taking 2 morning classes
Storybook Chef
Pioneers and Indians
Today, she learned about what kinds of homes pioneers and indians lived in and then she made a tepee.


Ella and her friend Alexia.


Laney is going all day this time.
Storybook Chef
Art
Basic Math Skills
Poetry in Motion
I was not able to get any pictures of Laney in her other classes.

The kids were so excited to go back! They were up and ready to go by 8:00. We look forward to next Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! Did Laney get a haircut?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Laney and Ella came into my bathroom one day and had an over excessive amount of tangles.......my solution....cut it off.

    ReplyDelete