Monday, June 27, 2016

Parker Reunion at Mountain Lakes

Since I was MIA for a little while, I decided to pick back up with the present. Although.....don't be surprised if I travel back in time every now and again. 

Last weekend  A couple of weekends ago, our family traveled to Cleveland, Georgia for our annual Parker reunion. I have missed the last 2 years due to school, so I was extremely excited to be able to go again. We stayed at the Mountain Lakes of Blue Ridge. It is about 6 miles from Helen. There was so much to do at Mountain Lakes that we didn't even have to leave! 

Upon arrival, we met up with everyone and ate. After supper, we rode around to check out the area. As far as accommodations, they had cabins, chalets, condos and a campground. They had several activities to choose from each night. The first night was a drive in movie.

After a good nights sleep, we had a full day ahead of us!

We went next door to where my parents were staying and had breakfast on the balcony overlooking the lake.



After our bellies were filled, we went down to the lake for a ride on the paddle boats(no pictures.....didn't want to loose my phone in the lake). We worked up a good sweat so we went to the waterslide.




Since mini golf was right next door, we dried off while putting a few.




After lunch, we went swimming in the pool for while before it was time for my date.


Nope.......not with Laney.......I just really liked this picture! However, the helmet on my head should give you a huge clue as to what I would be doing and with who!


We rode for about an hour before we had to be back for supper. For some reason, I didn't get any pictures that night. Now I remember.....I only have videos of karaoke. Those are pretty private!! I will just let you know we had the crowd a jumpin with....."I Love Rock 'N Roll"..... "Y.M.C.A".....and a crowd pleaser....."Ice Ice Baby"

Laney wanted me to take a few pictures of her and Ella later that night. They are some of my favorite from the weekend.



The next morning we had a worship service and said our goodbyes.



The kids and I decided to spend the afternoon in Helen. We walked around, shopped and ate lunch before heading back home.




Ella was mad in this picture because I would not take her tubing.

We had a fun filled weekend with 47 members of the Parker family! Can't wait to hear where we will go next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment