Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Roaring 20s

This past Saturday, we attended The Annual Primetimer Awards at church. Each year a theme is picked and we have the option of dressing in that theme. This year's theme was the Roaring 20s. Whether it is a race, Halloween or an awards party, I am not going to give up the chance to dress up. I started looking for outfits a couple of months before the event. Since my husband had a pinstripe suit and I had nothing, I decided to go in the direction of a gangster and flapper style outfit. I refused to pay the prices for a dress online so I began bargain shopping. I found a brand new dress and shoes for me and a black shirt for Carmel at Goodwill for less than $15. I found a headpiece at the Dollar Tree and added a feathery piece from Hobby Lobby. I was doing really well with not spending much until I stepped foot into Party City. They had a huge selection of accessories for Carmel and I which would complete the 20s look we wanted. Instead of explaining everything I found I think I will show you the pictures from the evening.


I did have to show off the new bling my gangster husband got for me.



Here are the guys. We had a lot of gangsters!


Here are the ladies.


Each couple was given an award. Carmel and I were given the On the Run award since we have moved our stuff 4 times in the past year and a half……..or it could have something to do with that big diamond on my finger. We are currently hiding in an undisclosed location while we are waiting on a more permanent location!

We had a very enjoyable evening and can't wait to hear what next years theme will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment