Sunday, March 4, 2012

Baby gift idea

 If you are wondering why I have been sharing several baby gift ideas lately, its because women are reproducing rapidly around here.
Below is another gift idea in case the mother to be has received way to many clothes.

Most new mothers do not have a lot of extra time/energy to cook. Yes, they may get a few hot meals from friends the first few nights but what about after that?  I love to freezer cook. This method of cooking has saved me many times over the past 2 years. So I thought why not give a useful gift the whole family can appreciate......maybe even the baby a few hours later.

Give the family freezer meals! 

 
We had some friends of ours from church welcome a precious baby girl into their family. I let the mother know at her shower that part of her gift would be a couple of freezer meals. After the baby was born, we took over a chicken pot pie, lasagna, cinnamon rolls and slice and bake cookies.


I included the cooking directions and the name of the meal on top.


An added bonus, my kids are given the chance to be a Good Samaritan!

Okay.........you got me.........the real reason is to hold a 3 day old baby.


 

1 comment:

  1. Choosing a gift for babies is a very difficult task because they always want something special from you and if its not of their choice then it will become difficult to handle them.

    ReplyDelete