Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Part 3 of the Weed tour

I will go ahead and warn you there are a lot of pictures in this post but I can't help it. This is one of my most favorite days of the whole year. The Saturday after Thanksgiving is when the whole Parker clan gets together. I think last time someone counted there were 121 in the Parker family. I know it is more than that now because we added 1 to our family since last year. We used to get together in my grandmothers small 3 bedroom house. Memories I will cherish forever! Since she past away, we have been rotating and meeting at each of the seven siblings house. This year it was at Beth's house. The youngest of the seven. I can't believe it has been seven years already since my grandmothers passing. My grandmother was such a wonderful Christian woman. To everyone she was known as MawMaw. I could go on about her but that would make this an extra extra long post and I may start crying. So back to Saturday. We eat, talk, laugh, catch up and make new memories together. We had chicken and pork which was out of this world yummy. Thanks Gordon! We usually play dirty Santa but this year we opted to pool the money we would have spent on gifts and donate it to a charity in my grandmothers name. Over $600 was collected and will go to Agape. We played a few Parker games and then told stories. It is so wonderful to hear the old memories told over again and new ones shared. A Parker tradition when we all get together is pictures. We get a big group shot and individual families. You can see the big family shot on Facebook. Here are some of the moments I captured. The Stowe family which is my parents, my sisters, their husband and kid and then the 5 of us.

Gordon and Beth live in the country on lots of land. My kids love it when we go their. There is always plenty to do outside. Here, Gordon is pushing Laney and Ella on the swing. Between my girls and all the other kids there I don't think Gordon got much of a break.

The Weed family

My sister Jennifer, her husband Drew and their little girl Emma. My other sister Rebecca( Jennifer's twin), her husband Todd and Ashton.






The cousins













Laney and her second cousin Savannah


What Thanksgiving would not be complete without a little football. That was always a tradition when I was younger. We eat and head outside for a game of Parker against Parker football.

Ella and her second cousin Ellie. They are the same age.

I can't wait for this summer when we meet again at the Parker summer reunion in Gatlinburg, Tenn.


















No comments:

Post a Comment